POSITION: General Clerk
LOCATION: North Bay
The General Clerk will be responsible for performing general accounting and office clerical support functions for various departments within the Organization.
MAJOR DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform a variety of clerical duties such as calculate, reconcile, prepare and issue documents related to transactions such as bills, invoices, inventory reports, account statements and other documents using computerized and manual systems
- Sort, process and verify receipts, deposits, timesheets, expenditures, forms and other documents
- Perform basic bookkeeping and banking transactions, including the collection, counting, coding and disbursement of cheques, wires, etc.
- Work with various software’s (including cloud based software applications) for processing transactions such as DocAgent, travel cards, customer invoices etc.
- Communicate with customers, employees, and others to answer questions, address complaints, explain information, and take customer orders and payments
- Key, edit, proofread and finalize correspondence, reports, statements, invoices, forms, presentations and other documents
- Respond efficiently and effectively to inquiries from internal and external sources via telephone, fax, email or other sources
- Scan, copy and collate documents for distribution, mailing and filing, both electronically and/or hardcopy
- Order office supplies and equipment
- Additional duties as required
- Grade 12 Ontario Secondary School diploma (OSSD) or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Completion of college business, accounting/bookkeeping and/or office administration courses are considered an asset
- Possess strong attention-to-detail and organizational skills
- Strong keyboarding and computer skills with experience using Windows based applications
- Proven experience with Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (strong grammar, spelling and proofreading abilities)
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and within a team environment
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines
- Committed to Company Health and Safety
- Preference will be given to qualified applicants who are fluent in both official languages (English and French)
CLOSING DATE: January 26, 2020 no later than 11:59 p.m.
Qualified individuals are invited to apply by submitting a current resume and covering letter (provided in one document) quoting: Reference 800-44-20 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.